Saturday, July 16, 2005

Mr. Wonderful Meets Mr. Wonderful?

Attended the "Night of Legends" at the Newton High School last night in honor of the new inductees to the wrestling hall of fame (also in Newton, IA). Got to meet some of the greats and see old favorite Rick Steiner wrestle! When good friend Jenny Hedrick called and told me her fiancee Tracy had a ticket for me, I had no idea how cool it'd be.

This is me with "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff. A real big thrill for me. If you look close, you can see him giving me a stiff pat on the back. He was a really nice guy and acted like it was just as big a thrill for him to be in the picture as it was for me.

This is me with Larry "The Axe" Hennig.

A real treat for me was getting to shake hands with the great NCAA and Olympic wrestler Danny Hodge. He was quite a character and the most fun guy to meet.


The man himself, "Handsome" Harley Race! And he's holding a newly autographed present for my brother's birthday.

Another real treat was getting to meet current WWE employee, and one time "Stooge" Gerald Briscoe who was being inducted this weekend. He seems a lot smarter than what they portrayed on TV. Go figure. (And if you look in the bottom right of the photo, you can just see Bob Geigel.)

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Now That is a hot shirt