Thursday, November 01, 2007

Canadia

So, Troy, Dawn and I all went up to Red Deer, Aberta, Canada for most of last week. We led seminars for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then headed to the Circle Square Ranch near Halkirk, Alberta for a youth reatreat on the weekend.

Some highlights include:
On a day off we visited the Olympic Park in Calgar and got to go to the top of this bad boy. That would be a pic of the ski jump.

Once on top, I noticed something interesting. There were only two small bathrooms. One for the women, and one for men. And each only had one small toilet. I had to go to the bathroom, and as I did I realized something. All the great skiers from 88' had to use the exact same bathroom I did. That means . . .


I was two degrees of separation away from Eddie the Eagle!!!








So, while we were there, we got to see some of our friends in ministry. Of course I have to mention our great friends Dave and Cathy Tilstra. They are big supporters of Happy the Dog Ministry, and we can't thank them enough for their hospitality. Cathy was even kind enough to give me a print of one of her paintings for my wife. And I must say, the painting is fantastic. I'll have to take a pic to post on the site, but it is definately going to the be the highlight of our art collection.

We also got to catch up with good friends Sharon and Thomas. Thomas even came on board as at Happy the Dog supporter which is a pretty crazy committment for guy not far removed from high school.


Here's a pic of us worshipping. The Circle Square Ranch is set up like an old west town. We worshipped and ate in the saloon. The guy in front (with his back to the camera) in the white shirt and jeans that's about a foot taller than everyone is me.





The worship was great. We played Mission Impossible in the cooley. Billeted in some nice rooms. And we had gravy with our fries. Plus, there were Big Turks galore, and plenty of Red Rose. What does all that mean? I'm not really sure and I experienced it. . .

This group up in Red Deer is just the best to us, and they've quickly become a family away from home. We can't thank Dave, Cathy, Sharon, Thomas, and the rest of the crew enough for making us always feel welcome.
I also got Carson a sweet Calgary Flames onesie which almost got my head bitten off by the pro-Oiler crowd. . . but I figured hockey's hockey, right?
We head to Sheboygan, Wisconsin for a week on Sunday. And then the week after I head up to Northwestern College for a bit to try out some new material with good friends Jeff and Karen Barker.
Till next time,
Jason


No comments: