Sunday, February 24, 2008

Prairie City Church of the Brethren and the MVSC

The Morgan Valley Social Club descended on the Prairie City Church of the Brethren this past Saturday night, and we had a great time. New poems were read. Kyle sang a song he'd never heard before. And we were joined onstage by Pastor Tim Peter playing the mandolin, worship leader Jim Jones playing guitar and singing a little Joan Baez, and Brian Gumm playing guitar and making Kyle look a lot better than he probably is. (Note to Kyle: insert sarcastic snipe in comment sections now.)

We were raising moolah for the new playground equipment for the church, and I haven't heard a final total yet, but I'm hoping they got a lot.

For those who haven't seen the show, or saw it for the first time past weekend, I introduced everyone to the MVSC with some quotes from people who've seen our show in the past.

For instance, a guy at our last show in a big Pella church commented after a show:

"When the show started, I didn't know if I was going to like it or not. But when it was over, I think I did."
a
Or the teenage boy who heard my poems as part of a two hour show of gospel music and commented:

"My parents had to drag me here tonight, but I wanted to tell you that you were the only thing that was halfway decent to listen to."

Or my personal favorite, from an orgainzer at a church we performed for:

"We have a lot of elderly and shut ins that don't get out much, and they really loved your show!"

So I guess what it comes down to is this, you might think our show is halfway decent if you don't get out much.

A big thanks goes out to all the family (Brummel's, Kain's, and Taylor's) and friends (Kyle's friends really, as I don't have many) who came out in support of the show and the kids of the church.

Where am I next . . . ? I'm not really sure. But if you really want to know, as I do, you'll just click over on the Happy the Dog link and check the calendar as I am also going to do momentarily.

Until next time, I remind everyone that I will no longer be posting pictures of Carson on the blog.


Jason

No comments: