Monday, September 15, 2008

Sons of Thunder

Had the Sons of Thunder (D&D Fergen) come on down for our youth group here in Pella last night. The Fergen brothers are good friends of Happy the Dog, and they are known well to many of our kids from when they did a couple middle school retreats for us way back when.

They rocked our little youth room pretty hard, and our group did their best to rock back at them.

Afterwards, we packed up the trailer and headed three blocks southwest to the Central college Sunday night worship "The Calm" which is led by Andrea's dad Joe. The Sons of Thunder played for a packed out group of college kids and afterwards, Danny Fergen commented on how much fun it was from the first song.

The Thunder brothers brought along a drummer (Tyler) and sister in law (Kelsey, who's in her own band with her sisters - Truemotion) and apparently they wiled away their five hour ride down by telling goofy stories about me.

The time I pulled a pair of underwear out of my pants during a business meeting.

The time I destroyed David Fergen's kitchen table by leaning one hand on it.

The time I put a ding in the door of David Fergen's brand new pickup by hitting a fire hydrant with it.

The time I cleaned off a pubic restroom toilet because there was someone outside and I didn't want them to think that I was the one who'd made the mess. . .

Man, you don't really realize what a complete dork you are until someone starts an impromtu goofy story jam session about you.

Till next time,

Jason

No comments: